Before something becomes a project with detailed tasks, it usually starts out as a conversation between an employee and a manager. That's why we want to make it easy for those conversations to flow seamlessly from ideas to project management when the time comes.
We know how challenging it can be to keep track of all your to-do's from one system to another and how important it is to update your manager or team on the status of your projects via WorkPatterns. This is why we have integrated with Asana, one of the most popular project management tools on the market.
This Asana integration is only available on our Teams and Enterprise Plans. With this integration, you will be able to:
Here's how it works.
Connecting your profile to Asana
1. Navigate to the integrations page in WorkPatterns.
2. Click on "Connect" on the Asana integrations tab.
3. Log into your Asana profile to complete the integration.
Each team member should individually connect their profiles to Asana.
Copying an item from WorkPatterns into Asana
In the 1:1 or group workspace where you're discussing a project, you can copy agenda topics or action items directly into Asana.
1. Click on the "More Options" (three vertical dots) on the far right of the screen.
2. Within the "More Options" menu, click on "Copy to Asana".
3. From the searchable dropdown, choose your Asana project where you wish to add the item.
4. Clicking on the "Create Task" button copies the item from WorkPatterns to the Asana project as a task.
Viewing a copied item in Asana and vice versa
We've made it easy to navigate between WorkPatterns workspaces and Asana projects with links embedded in each system.
1. Within WorkPatterns simply click on the "Open in Asana" icon located on the right. This will open Asana in a new tab.
2. Within Asana we note when you've copied an item from WorkPatterns and link the workspace in the Asana item's description.
Keep the statuses in sync when you mark as complete
Mark the item as complete in either Asana or WorkPatterns, and that status will update within minutes in both products!
To get started, navigate to your integrations page to connect to Asana!